The following are the requirements for licensure as an optometrist in the State of Nevada:
- A passing score on all three parts of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry examination and the TMOD exam, and a score of 75 or higher on the Nevada Law Examination;
- The Nevada law exam is offered online at http://www.optometry.org/
- Applicants who refer paper Exam may come to the Board office in Carson City, Nevada by scheduling an appointment with the Executive Director.
- Once you have filed application with all attachments, paid the fee and taken your law exam, you should receive notice from the Board within 30 days.
- The Required attachments include :
Undergraduate and optometry school transcripts sent to the Board directly from the institution by mail or email.
*No transcripts are required for Endorsement Applications. Please provide the Board with a letter of good standing from each State you are licensed with.
A copy of a current valid certification in CPR; and
A recent 2×2 passport type photo(head shot) .