The following items are required as part of your application for licensure as a Nevada optometrist:
- You must have a passing score on all three parts of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry examination and the TMOD exam, , and have the NBEO release your scores to Nevada;
- A 75% score is required to pass the Nevada online state law exam(OSLE), which is offered online at http://www.optometry.org/ Applicants who prefer to take a paper exam may make arrangements to come to the Board office in Carson City, Nevada.
- You must have graduated from an Accredited Optometry School, and, unless already licensed in another state and have practiced for the past 5 years, official transcripts must be mailed or emailed directly from the institutions. NOTE: No transcripts are required for Endorsement applicants. Endorsement applicants must request a letter of good standing from each State in which the applicant has ever been issued a license, even if that license has expired.
- A copy of a current valid certification in CPR, issued not more than 12 months before submitting your application. NRS 636.155(4); and
- A recent 2×2 passport-type photo (head shot) .