The following items are required as part of your application for licensure as a Nevada optometrist. Your application is not considered complete and WILL NOT BE PROCESSED until all required materials are received.
- You must obtain a passing score on all three parts of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry examination and the TMOD exam, and request that the NBEO release your scores to Nevada;
- A 75% score is required to pass the Nevada Online State Law Exam (OSLE), which is offered online at http://www.optometry.org/ . Applicants who prefer to take a paper exam may arrange to come to the Board office in Carson City, Nevada for a live exam.
- You must have graduated from an Accredited Optometry School, and official transcripts must be received by mail or email directly from the educational institutions.
- For Endorsement applicants, no transcripts are required; however, you must request and provide a current letter of good standing from each State in which you ever have been issued a license, even if that license has expired.
- A copy of a current valid certification in CPR, issued not more than 12 months before submitting your application. Online CPR certification is acceptable. NRS 636.155(4); and
- A recent 2×2 passport-type photo (head shot) .